If you are looking for job interest and challenge and would enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that goes hand-in-hand with Northland’s coastal environment, then this position could be right for you.
GRIT Engineering are driven to understand client’s issues or challenges and to provide smart, practical, and fit for purpose solutions for every Asset Management problem (smart, safe, sustainable, durable, economic, you name it). The team are all about adding value in their areas of expertise and walk the talk every time. We are involved in a wide variety of Engineering, Durability and Asset Management projects with the majority being Infrastructure, Industrial and Oil and Gas related. We’re looking for a motivated and talented Civil & Structural Inspector to join our team and ‘own the challenge’.
- Carry out condition assessments, surveys, and written reports
- Carry out independent quality control inspections and/or construction monitoring
- Write specifications
- Produce Quality Assurance documents
- Work with team to develop maintenance and repair scopes, estimates and resource requirements
- Support the management of projects
- Proven experience with assessing and recommending maintenance for aging concrete and steel structures.
- Knowledge and experience with protective coatings application, inspection, assessment and repairs. Ideally NACE 1 / 2 / 3 certified, however training will be provided for the successful candidate to progress through the NACE certification training programmes.
- Confined space and working at height experience and qualifications would be beneficial. (A large proportion of GRIT’s project work is on live sites and work can be in confined spaces, at height or in physically challenging locations).
- Strong communication skills with excellent verbal and written English.
- Great relationship building abilities and be a strong team player.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft operating system including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive etc.
- A Current Driver License.
- A sense of humour, an appetite for fun and a laugh along the way.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Fiona Clarke on 027 688 8837.
Applications Close on Wednesday 9 February. We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.
GRIT Engineering Limited has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
| excellence in technical recruitment | www.peakrecruitment.co.nz