At GRIT Engineering, we are driven to understanding our clients’ issues or challenges and provide smart, practical and fit for purpose solutions for every engineering problem (smart, safe, sustainable, durable, economic, you name it). Our team are all about adding value in their areas of expertise and walk the talk every time.
We are involved in a wide variety of Engineering, Durability and Asset Management projects with the majority being Infrastructure, Industrial and Oil and Gas related.
HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THIS…
As a Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer with GRIT Engineering Ltd, you will be supporting the Engineering team with the planning and delivery of projects, developing your skills and assisting with proposals as part of an experienced team. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of engineering and asset management projects.
You ‘own the challenge’ and are not afraid to get stuck in.
On top of this, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering & Design team on civil/structural design projects.
- Work with Senior Engineers and clients to understand/assess project requirements to ensure needs are met.
- Work with GRIT engineering team to develop fit for purpose structural engineering and design solutions for existing assets, new builds or alterations.
- Assist with structural integrity condition assessments, fitness for service and engineering risk assessments as well as quality control and construction monitoring inspections.
- Document your work and decision making. Work with senior engineers to produce compliance documentation, specifications, project specific quality control requirements and reports.
WHAT YOU BRING…
Our team are an awesome collaborative bunch that are passionate about the work they do. They deliver more than expected and put heart into everything they do.
We are on the lookout for an experienced, adaptable and resilient Graduate Civil Structural Engineer who:
- Has a relevant Civil/Structural Engineering degree qualification
- <2 years’ experience in an Engineering environment
- Is highly motivated to continually improve
- Has knowledge of NZ engineering design codes and standards
- Has an interest in the challenges that come with brownfields industrial and infrastructure projects
- Has excellent verbal and written English and report writing skills
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
When you work at GRIT, you will be part of a fun, unique and diverse team and have an opportunity to work on a wide variety of engineering and asset management projects.
You will also have access to:
- Work life balance, opportunity for flexible work arrangements
- Annual team day
- Phone and laptop for work and private use
- Vehicle [where required] for travel
- Health insurance
- Our free Employee Assistance Program
HOW TO APPLY…
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you have what it takes to be part of GRIT? Send us an email with your CV, transcripts and cover letter. Tell us about yourself and what you will bring to GRIT – we are ready to be impressed.
Please note, no overseas candidates will be considered unless there is a current residence visa or New Zealand/ Australian citizenship in place.