At GRIT Engineering, we are driven to understanding our client’s issues or challenges and provide smart, practical and fit for purpose solutions for every engineering problem (smart, safe, sustainable, durable, economic, you name it). Our team are all about adding value in their areas of expertise and walk the talk every time.
We are involved in a wide variety of Engineering, Durability and Asset Management projects with the majority being Infrastructure, Industrial and Oil and Gas related.
HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THIS…
As the Intermediate Structural Engineer, you will be engaged in engineering design and analysis of new projects along with the structural integrity assessment and engineering risk assessments of existing assets (with support from senior engineers). You ‘own the challenge’ and are not afraid to get stuck in.
On top of this, you will:
• Work with Senior Engineers and clients to understand/assess project requirements to ensure needs are met.
• Produce technically accurate structural calculations and structural sketches.
• Develop engineering/design scopes and estimates (supported by senior engineers).
• Work with GRIT engineering team to develop fit for purpose structural engineering and design solutions for existing assets, new builds or alterations.
• Carry out structural integrity condition assessments, fitness for service and engineering risk assessments as well as quality control and construction monitoring inspections.
• Document your work and decision making. Work with senior engineers to produce compliance documentation, specifications, project specific quality control requirements and reports.
• Develop engineering skills and document continued professional development (CPD) in order to achieve Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
WHAT YOU BRING…
Our team is passionate about the work they do, they deliver more than expected and put heart into everything they do.
We are on the lookout for a highly competent, adaptable and reliable Intermediate Structural Engineer who:
• Has a Civil/Structural Engineering degree qualification (Washington Accord recognised qualifications only).
• 2 to 4+ years’ experience in an Engineering Consulting Environment including relevant experience with concrete and steel structures and NZ Seismic codes.
• Is highly motivated to continually improve and committed to achieving CPEng status.
• Has an interest in the challenges that come with brownfields industrial and infrastructure projects.
• Is interested in materials engineering and durability.
• Has experience with GRIT’s areas of expertise and industries, this will see you stand out from your peers.
• Has excellent verbal and written English and report writing skills.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
When you work at GRIT, you will be part of a fun, unique and diverse team and have an opportunity to develop and grow faster in a small business with corporate skills and capabilities.
You will also have access to:
• Flexible working environment around family and life commitments.
• Work directly with Senior Engineers and the business owner.
• Annual team day.
• Phone and laptop for work and private use.
• Vehicle [where required] for travel.
• Health insurance.
• Our free Employee Assistance Program for all staff.
HOW TO APPLY…
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you have what it takes to be part of GRIT? Email us along with your CV and cover letter, now. Tell us about yourself and what you will bring to GRIT – we are ready to be impressed.
Please note, no overseas candidates will be considered unless there is a current residence visa or New Zealand/ Australian citizenship in place.