At GRIT Engineering, we are driven to understanding our client’s issues or challenges and provide smart, practical and fit for purpose solutions for every engineering problem (smart, safe, sustainable, durable, economic, you name it). Our team are all about adding value in their areas of expertise and walk the talk every time.
We are involved in a wide variety of Engineering, Durability and Asset Management projects with the majority being Infrastructure, Industrial and Oil and Gas related.
HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THIS…
As the Senior Structural Engineer, you will originate designs, review and approve the work of other engineers/designers to ensure proposed solutions are smart, fit for purpose and fully meet specifications. You ‘own the challenge’ and are not afraid to get stuck in.
On top of this, you will:
• Work closely with clients to understand/assess project requirements and ensure needs are met.
• Carry out structural integrity condition assessments, fitness for service and engineering risk assessments as well as quality control and construction monitoring inspections.
• Work with the GRIT Engineering and wider team to develop fit for purpose structural engineering and design solutions for existing assets, new builds or alterations.
• Undertake design reviews and approve the work of other engineers/designers to ensure proposed solutions are smart, fit for use and fully meet specifications.
• Act as a technical focal point to support the Lead Structural Engineer.
• Develop and review project specific specifications, quality control requirements and compliance documentation.
• Drive continuous improvement and look for opportunities for personal and business growth ensuring GRIT is always at the forefront of technology and outperforming competition.
WHAT YOU BRING…
Our team is passionate about the work they do. They deliver more than expected and put heart into everything they do.
We are on the lookout for an experienced, adaptable and resilient Structural Engineer who:
• Has a Civil/Structural Engineering degree qualification (Washington Accord recognised qualifications only).
• Has a minimum of 6+ years’ experience, including a minimum of 3+ years’ of New Zealand Engineering experience.
• Is current or close to achieving CPEng status.
• Has an interest in the challenges that come with brownfields industrial and infrastructure projects.
• Enjoys a challenge.
• Has proficient technical ability and comprehensive knowledge of New Zealand standards.
• Has excellent verbal and written English and report writing skills.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
When you work at GRIT, you will be part of a fun, unique and diverse team and have an opportunity to work on a wide variety of engineering and asset management projects.
You will also have access to:
• Work life balance, opportunity for flexible work arrangements with office based in Marsden Point.
• Annual team day.
• Phone and laptop for work and private use.
• Vehicle [where required] for travel.
• Health insurance.
• Our free Employee Assistance Program for all staff.
HOW TO APPLY…
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you have what it takes to be part of GRIT? Click on the Apply button and submit your CV and cover letter, now. Tell us about yourself and what you will bring to GRIT – we are ready to be impressed.
Please note, no overseas candidates will be considered unless there is a current residence visa or New Zealand/ Australian citizenship in place.